TV and online content
Creative Europe Programme (CREA)
Budget overview 20.000.000
TV and online content (CREA-MEDIA-2024-TVONLINE)
Type of action
CREA-LS CREA Lump Sum Grants
Type of MGA
CREA Lump Sum Grant [CREA-AG-LS]
Open for submission
03 October 2023
07 December 2023 17:00:00 Brussels time
14 May 2024 17:00:00 Brussels time
Offer promoted by Unitelematica Leonardo da Vinci
UNI LDV in cooperation with Julius Plus Italia, promotes audiovisual culture for the development of the cinematographic arts. Through training courses and internships at film studios, we try to promote the development of skills and abilities in the audiovisual sector. With over 90 productions of Talk Shows, Docufilms, TV Contests and Entertainment, Julius Plus has its own on-demand streaming platform distributed in 175 countries around the world.
The objective of the support to TV and online content is to increase the capacity of audiovisual producers to develop and produce strong projects with significant potential to circulate throughout Europe and beyond, and to facilitate European and international co-productions within the television and online sector.
The action aims to strengthen the independence of producers in relation to broadcasters and digital platforms, to enhance collaboration between operators, including independent producers, broadcasters, digital platforms and sales agents, from different countries participating in the MEDIA Strand, in order to produce high quality programming aimed at wide international distribution and promoted to a wide audience including commercial exploitation in the multi-platform environment. Particular attention will be given to projects presenting innovative aspects in the content and in the financing that show a clear link with the envisaged distribution strategies.
- Increased production of high quality European works for linear and non-linear broadcasting including on digital platforms, as well as an increase in the number of co-productions.
- Enhanced cooperation between operators from different countries participating in the MEDIA Strand, including between broadcasters.
- Increased audience for European works through linear and non-linear broadcasting including on digital platforms.
Description of the activities to be funded
The TV and online content action supports works (drama films, animation and documentary) intended for linear and non-linear broadcasting, presenting:
- strong cooperation between operators from different countries participating in the MEDIA Strand, including between broadcasters;
- high creative/artistic value and wide cross-border exploitation potential able to reach audiences at European and international level;
- innovative aspects in terms of the content and the financing that show a clear link with the envisaged distribution strategies.
Applicants should present adequate strategies to ensure a more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry (in particular through the use of greening consultants allowing to reduce the environmental impact of productions and shootings) and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.